|Grilled Cheese with Irish Cheddar Cheese|
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Ingredients (makes 2 sandwiches)
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- Thinly sliced Irish cheddar cheese
- 4-6 slices of cherry tomatoes
- 4 Tbs. of chopped red onion
Grilled Cheese Preparation
- Place 2 slices of the whole wheat bread on a flat surface, divide half of the Irish cheddar cheese among the slices. Top the cheese evenly with the cherry tomatoes and onion.
- Place the 2 remaining slices of bread on top to make two sandwiches. Butter the top of the bread using half of the butter.
- Preheat a pan on medium-low heat. Place the sandwiches in the pan, butter-side down (may need to do in batches) and cook until lightly golden brown.
- Spread the remaining butter on the bread facing up, then flip and continue cooking until the bottom is golden brown and the cheese has melted.