|Brown Sugar-Candied Bacon|
The first time I made Candied Bacon I used maple syrup. But I find, unless braised quite a bit, that the bacon doesn’t absorb the maple flavor too well. And once cooked, it doesn’t get the hard candy feel the candied bacon made with Brown Sugar has.
If you’re a bacon fan and love the sweet and savory combo as much as I do, you absolutely have to try this candied bacon recipe.
Candied Bacon Ingredients:
- 10 slices Applewood Smoked Bacon
- ½ cup of Brown Sugar
- Optional: sprinkle very lightly with Cayenne Pepper to add an extra kick
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Heavily cover both sides of each slice of bacon in the brown sugar and arrange the slices so there is no contact between them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 25 minutes (until the bacon is well caramelized).
- Use a pair of tongs to transfer the bacon strips to a cooling rack and allow the excess fat to drain. Let the bacon cool until hardened.
Maybe be served alone as Bacon Candy or used as a garnish for a Bacon Cocktail.
Do you love bacon? Check out these tasty bacon treats!