BlendAbout

Favorite recipes and stories about home cooking. We love comfort food and dishes that warm the heart. Enjoy!

Friday, September 3, 2010

Grilled Meat-Fest 2010

Last night I finally nailed down my BBQ'd Babyback Ribs recipe! This time I marinated the ribs in a homemade apple cider vinegar-based BBQ sauce for 48 hours. The ribs cam out juicier and more flavorful than ever - blew my guests away. I also served up grilled shrimp, beef satay and a spiced corn salad.

I've been playing with the corn salad concept for the past couple of days and came up with the following...

Spiced Corn Salad:
4 ears of grilled corn
1 red pepper, diced
1 small red onion, diced
1 jalapeno, diced (but next time I'll use 2)
2 Tbs. of finely chopped cilantro

Dressing:
2 tsp. of apple cider vinegar
4+ tsp. of fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp. of cumin powder
1 Tbsp. of raw sugar
Dash of coarse sea salt & cayenne pepper

Try it out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment