BlendAbout

Favorite recipes and stories about home cooking. We love comfort food and dishes that warm the heart. Enjoy!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Crab Quesadillas with Fresh Mango Salsa

After a very long day’s work, I wanted to make something for dinner that was light, low fat, and uncomplicated. So, I made one of my favorites: Crab Quesadillas with Fresh Mango Salsa. I absolutely love this dish because it’s fun and pretty and the mango salsa is very therapeutic to make (well, I think so anyway). I suggest preparing the mango salsa and hour or so before preparing the crab quesadillas, so that the flavors have a chance to blend. So, here’s the recipe for one of my favorite dishes!


Mango Salsa
  • 2 mangos, diced small
  • 1 red pepper, diced small
  • 1 small red onion, diced small
  • 1 large jalapeno pepper, diced small (remove seeds first)
  • 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
  • 1 Tbsp. raw sugar
  • ¼ cup of cilantro, chopped
  • For a little extra spice, add a few drops of hot pepper sauce

Combine ingredients in a medium to large bowl and place in your refrigerator.


Quesadillas

  • Flour tortillas
  • Swiss Emmental cheese
  • Fresh crab meat
  • Green onion, chopped
I'm assuming I don't need to explain how to make the quesadillas. But if you would like more instruction, just leave me a comment and I'll be happy to walk you through it.

And my suggested pairing? A Sauvignon Blanc – Chalk Hill is usually the one I go with. Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio may also work well, but the Sauvignon Blanc is always my first pick.

Try it out and let me know what you think!

Mango on Foodista

3 comments:

  1. I love the salsa!First time I tried making salsa with mangoes, I was hooked!I hope you could add this mango widget at the end of this post so we can direct readers to this post in your blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds amazing! my husband and i are going to make this on the weekend, thanks so much for sharing. if you like, you can check out my cooking blog...i think you might enjoy it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise, thanks so much for the great comment. I'll check out your blog as well - sounds like we have the same taste.

    Let me know when you cook up the quesadillas & mango salsa. I'd love to hear how it turns out for you! Btw, grilled shrimp w/lime & pepper is a great substitute if you can't find fresh crab.

    ReplyDelete